Yikes, another not-so-beautiful-the-kids-will-hate-it one dish delicacy! Here we have slow roasted brussel sprouts with sweet potatoes and chard – all from this week’s CSA.
Brussel and Sweets Roasted – Recipe
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds brussel sprouts
- 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch swiss chard chopped
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- salt and pepper
1) Saute the garlic in olive oil. As soon as it becomes fragrant, mix in the washed brussel sprouts and swiss chard. Cover to steam a bit. You want the brussel sprouts to get a head start as the sweet potatoes roast up pretty quickly.
2) After the brussel spouts have the chance to soften a bit (perhaps 10 minutes), add the sweet potatoes, maple syrup and seasonings.
3) Pour everything into an oven proof dish and bake for 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.